Cosmetic dentistry is a type of dentistry that is applied to change the look and create a change in the appearance of your teeth, mouth, and smile. In addition, it creates positive changes in your gums and bite. This type of dentistry is the most popular dental procedure. Because it is very important when the teeth are healthy and visually look good. So, you can have a perfect smile thanks to cosmetic dentistry.
Cosmetic Dentistry Applications
Cosmetic dentistry applications give very effective results in the treatment of broken, misaligned, stained, worn, and discolored teeth. Different treatments can be planned according to the needs and wishes of the patients. It can be:
-Teeth Whitening: In the teeth whitening process, the dentist applies the whitening material to the patient’s teeth and makes the teeth appear whiter thanks to a special beam. You can whiten your teeth both in the doctor’s office and at home, or you can combine these options. Whitening does not harm tooth enamel.
–Laminate Veneer: It is a thin shell made of porcelain or composite materials. They are usually attached to the front of the teeth. It is applied to treat ailments such as crooked teeth, discolored teeth, gaps between teeth, and worn teeth. Color, shape, size, or length are adjusted to match the patient’s natural teeth.
–Inlay and Onlay: They can be made of gold, porcelain, or composite materials. Also known as indirect fillings, which are only made in a dental laboratory. It is used to fill rotten, damaged teeth. If a significant part of the tooth is damaged it is called an onlay to covers the entire surface of the tooth. And an inlay is applied directly to the surface of the tooth if there is no damage to the tubercle of the tooth. Inlay and onlay strengthen the teeth, shape the tooth and provide support to prevent the tooth from decaying.
– Implants: They are used to replace missing or damaged teeth. It is a method that is generally seen as a last resort. For teeth that need to be filled, teeth whose roots cannot be stopped, and teeth that have already been extracted, titanium is placed in the tooth roots. Implants are almost indistinguishable from natural teeth.
–Composite Filling (bonding): It is a treatment method applied to repair decayed, damaged, and discolored teeth by using a material similar to the color of tooth enamel. It can also be used for advanced coloring. It covers the damaged tooth and provides a healthy tooth appearance. It is one of the most convenient dental procedures for patients.
–Crowns: This is also part of cosmetic dentistry. These are dental pads that are made specifically for a person and cover one tooth. Dental pads attached to the tooth give it a normal appearance. It generally uses full ceramic, alternatively metal-supported porcelain.
– Aesthetic Smile Design: Porcelain laminates, crystal-supported or zirconium-supported coatings can be made to give your smile the desired look. It can also be with bonding systems or a combination of all of them together with teeth whitening. The dentist decides according to the treatment that the patient needs. It is one of the most permanent aesthetic treatment methods and it’s a painless process.
–Gum Shaping: It is a procedure performed by a dental specialist that shapes your gum line. It involves cutting or removing gum tissue. It is done to improve the appearance of teeth and smile. It is usually made for aesthetic purposes. However, there may be cases where it is medically necessary.
Advantages of Aesthetic Dentistry
Aesthetic dentistry offers a variety of advantages beyond just improving the appearance of your teeth. Here are some of the key advantages of aesthetic dentistry:
- Enhanced Appearance: Cosmetic dentistry can improve the appearance of your teeth, making them whiter and straighter. This can enhance your smile and boost your confidence.
- Improved Oral Health: Many aesthetic dentistry procedures also improve your oral health. For example, fixing a misaligned bite or replacing missing teeth can improve your ability to chew and speak properly, while also preventing further oral health issues.
- Increased Comfort: Dental issues such as crooked teeth or gaps can cause discomfort or pain, which can be alleviated through aesthetic dentistry procedures.
- Long-lasting Results: Many aesthetic dentistry procedures provide long-lasting results, allowing you to enjoy your improved smile for years to come.
- Customized Treatments: Cosmetic dentistry treatments are tailored to your individual needs and goals, allowing for a personalized treatment plan that can help you achieve your desired results.
- Improved Self-Confidence: Aesthetic dentistry can help you feel more confident in your smile, leading to a boost in self-esteem and an improved quality of life.
Aesthetic Dentistry Price
Factors such as the treatment applied, the process, the material used, and the doctor’s experience create price differences. To get a price, you need to come for a pre-inspection. You can contact us for a preliminary examination and make an appointment.